“Being a Person of Strength”God bless you this day. As you take these verses from Proverbs to heart, find peace in Jesus’ loving arms of strength.
Over the next couple of weeks, we will be considering some great verses found in the Old Testament book of Proverbs. This book was written by King David’s son, Solomon, who was Israel’s third king and considered to be the world’s wisest man. The content of Proverbs contrasts the world’s foolishness with God’s wisdom and was written to direct believers in God’s ways.
One of the most well know verses in this book, is Proverbs 3:5-6 CEV:
“With all your heart you must trust the Lord; and not your own judgment. Always let Him lead you, and He will clear the road for you to follow.”
There are 4 thoughts I find in these verses above:
- Don’t depend on yourself and run from evil.
- You are like me. I find that oftentimes I want to fix my problems, and even on some occasions, forget to take my problems to God. When I go down that path, however, I do a lousy job of fixing many of those issues. Sometimes even listen to suggestions that can make problems worse.
- Give your life to Jesus. Trust Him.
We must come with a child-like trust to Jesus, with unwavering confidence in His wisdom, strength and love. He loved us enough to go to the cross to save us from our sin and death. Trust Jesus!
When I wake up, the first thing I do is turn to God and His Word. When I get away from that habit, I find my day never goes very well. I find such power when I rely on His strength and care for my life!
- Be in God’s Word each day to find wisdom.
- Lean on the Holy Spirit to guide you.
Each decision you make and each problem you go through, the Holy Spirit will guide you if you lean on Him and rely on His power.
God bless you this day. As you take these verses from Proverbs to heart, find peace in Jesus’ loving arms of strength.
Good morning, Lord! As I wake to you this day, I give this day to you. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit and energize me for Your work. I entrust myself to You and ask that you bless my life and use me however You see fit. Let me honor you with all that I say and do. In Your name, I pray, Amen.